Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Revival Tour Spring 2012

So a week ago I went to the Revival Tour during its NYC stop. Technically it was the second NYC stop, just on the same night, but that's unimportant really. What I'm getting at is that I went, and that the show started at midnight.

The only thing that I can really say is that it was unlike any other show experience in my life. I've been to some really great shows before, but the Revival Tour is really unlike anything else that's happening in punk rock these days (I'm sure it still happens a lot on a regular basis in the folk circles though). I had heard about how collaborative the tour is, but hearing about it isn't quite the same thing as seeing it live. Seeing all those guys up there at once, singing each other's songs, is an amazing thing and there's no way that I can really put it into words. I know this tour has been happening for four years now, and I'm kicking myself for never having gone sooner. I really lucked out with this year's line up (Ragan, Gabel, and Andriano), and I was especially lucky that Dave Hause decided to stick around for the NY dates. The only thing missing was Brian Fallon, but there's always future Revival Tours. For more actual info on the show, I wrote a review that was published on DyingScene. You can check it out there.

All I know is that if you told seventeen year old me that one day I would see Dave Hause singing alongside Tom Gabel and James Bowman, I wouldn't have believed you. But now here I am, five days later, and I'm still in disbelief that it happened.

I hope next year they can nab Chris Farren (Fake Problems), Micah Schnabel (Two Cow Garage), and Chris Wollard. Wishful thinking, perhaps, but it would be so awesome to see Chris Wollard on a bill like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment