Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Last.fm quiz.

Top 50 Last.fm Artists Quiz. All based on the top 50 artists that I have scrobbled as of April 27, 2011

1. How did you get into 29 (The Ergs!)? 
I just heard a lot of people talk about them on the internet and decided to check them out.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22 (The Gamits)? 
Dotted Lines
3. What's your favorite lyric by 33 (blink-182)? 
"How long can I string you along? How little of myself can I give and still make you believe I care?"
- Fentoozler

4. What is your favorite album by 49 (The World/Inferno Friendship Society)? 
Addicted to Bad Ideas: Peter Lorre's Twentieth Century

5. How many albums by 13 (Mixtapes) do you own?
Technically, they don't have any albums. Just that mini-album and a bunch of EPs and singles. But I've got them all that have been released so far.

6. What is your favorite song by 50 (The Promise Ring)? 
No contest: Make Me a Mixtape
7. Is there a song by 39 (Latterman) that makes you feel sad? 
Nope

8. What is your favorite song by 15 (Alkaline Trio)? 
Clavicle or Trouble Breathing or Cop or Nose Over Tail or anything else off of Goddamnit
9. What is your favorite song by 5 (Cheap Girls)? 
No One to Blame
10. Is there a song by 6 (The Get Up Kids) that makes you happy? 
I get pumped when Ten Minutes plays
11. What is your favorite album by 40 (Smoking Popes)?
I was introduced to the band via Born to Quit, so I'm going to say that one.
12. What is your favorite song by 10 (Sum 41)? 
I think I would have to go with Thanks for Nothing. I know that was never a big hit, but I like it a lot.
13. What is a good memory you have involving 30 (Tie: The Steinways/Teenage Bottlerocket)?
This goes for both bands: listening to them (specifically the Steinways' Missed the Boat and TBR's They Came from the Shadows) non-stop during beginning of my senior year of college with a certain someone.
14. What is your favorite song by 38 (The Hold Steady)?
This may be a bit cliché, but I would say Sequestered in Memphis.
15. Is there a song by 19 (The Ataris) that makes you happy? 
Despite the downer lyrics, a bunch of tracks off End Is Forever cheer me up, like If You Really Want to Hear About It or You Need a Hug
16. How many times have you seen 24 (Screeching Weasel) live? 
Zero and I probably won't ever see them live. 
17. What is the first song you ever heard by 23 (The Queers)?
The first song I remember hearing is You're Trippin' but that may or may not be accurate. 
18. What is your favorite album by 11 (Motion City Soundtrack)? 
Although I Am the Movie will always hold a dear place in my heart, My Dinosaur Life kicks incredible amounts of ass.
19. Who is your favorite member of 1 (The Gaslight Anthem)? 
I don't play that game.
20. Have you ever seen 14 (AM Taxi) live?
Nope, but I would not be opposed to it. 
21. What is a good memory involving 27 (The Loved Ones)?
Seeing them play at CBGB for their "record release party" celebrating the release of Keep Your Heart
22. What is your favorite song by 16 (Social Distortion)? 
Yikes... I don't know. My most listened to track is Bad Luck though, so I'll say that one. 
23. What is the first song you ever heard by 47 (Lifetime)?
Whatever the first track on Background is. I think it's called You but I can't say I liked that album much. 
24. What is your favorite album by 18 (The Replacements)?
Toss up between Let It Be and Tim
25. What is your favorite song by 21 (Against Me!)? 
Sink, Florida, Sink. Specifically the electric version. 
26. What is the first song you ever heard by 26 (ALL)?
I can't say that I remember. In all likeliness it was Pretty Little Girl though. 
27. What is your favorite album by 3 (Bad Religion)? 
I'm very fond of Against the Grain, Stranger Than Fiction, and New Maps of Hell. Maybe The Process of Belief or How Could Hell Be Any Worse? too. One of those five. 
28. What is your favorite song by 2 (Descendents)? 
I'm Not a Loser
29. What was the first song you heard by 32 (Weezer)? 
Like most people my age, the first Weezer song I became familiar with was Buddy Holly
30. What is your favorite song by 8 (Fake Problems)? 
I think I'm going to go with Heartless although almost every single track from Real Ghosts Caught on Tape give that song a run for its money. 
31. How many times have you seen 17 (The Dopamines) live? 
None. Thanks for reminding me, jerk. 
32. Is there a song by 44 (Tie: The Lawrence Arms/Broadway Calls) that makes you happy? 
The Lawrence Arms: Boat Less Booze Cruise Part 1 and Warped Summer Extravaganza (Major Excellent)Broadway Calls: most of Good Views, Bad News is happy. 

33. What is your favorite album by 12 (Saves the Day)?
Depending on my mood, either Through Being Cool or Stay What You Are. I know, totally original there. 
34. What is the worst song by 45 (Tie: The Lawrence Arms/Broadway Calls)? 
I don't really dislike songs by either band. I guess maybe some weird b-side that I've never heard?

35. What was the first song you ever heard by 34 (Anti-Flag)?
Die for Your Government on some internet radio station and I thought it was awful.  
36. What is your favorite album by 48 (Stephen Egerton)? 
Under his solo name, I'm pretty sure he's only got one, The Seven Degrees of Stephen Egerton. So that one. 
37. How many times have you seen 42 (New Found Glory) live? 
None.
38. What is your favorite song by 36 (OFF!)? Hard to choose just one. I really like the first EP segment on The First Four EPs though. 
39. What was the first song you ever heard by 28 (Off With Their Heads)?
I don't remember for sure, but I think it was I Am You
40. What is your favorite album by 7 (Green Day)? 
On most days, it's Insomniac but sometimes it's 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours, Dookie or nimrod.
41. Is there a song by 31 (Tie: The Steinways/Teenage Bottlerocket) that makes you feel happy?
ALL OF THEM. 
42. What is your favorite album by 41 (House Boat)? 
The Delaware Octopus. Partially because it's their only album, but also because it rules. 
43. What is your favorite song by 25 (Beastie Boys) ? 
I don't know if I can pick just one. 
44. What is a good memory you have involving 46 (The Lillingtons)? 
Spending my summer in 2009 listening to almost nothing but Death By Television and finally understanding its genius. 
45. What is your favorite song by 35 (Bruce Springsteen)?
I'm very partial to Atlantic City but I'm also still a newcomer to Bruce so it can change. 
46. Is there a song by 9 (Rise Against) that makes you happy? 
I think their cover of Journey's Any Way You Want It is hilarious.
47. What is your favorite album by 4 (Direct Hit!)? 
ALL OF THEM. 
48. Who is a favorite member of 37 (Streetlight Manifesto)? 
Again, I don't play that game (but I think they've only got one or two constant members at this point). 
49. What was the first song you ever heard by 43 (Cobra Skulls)? 
Cobra Skullifornia
50. How many albums do you own by 20 (Attica! Attica!) ?
Two. Or, both. 

Well. That was a fun way to kill time. Mostly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment