Tuesday, September 6, 2011

25 Albums. #17 - Anthem by Less Than Jake

I'm not really sure what to say about this one. So far a lot of these albums that I've included have also taught me something, or they opened up my ears to a new sound.

Anthem isn't really one of those albums. I just really, really liked it a lot when it came out. At that point, I only knew of All My Best Friends Are Metalheads and I wasn't familiar with the whole "90's ska bands going horn-less in the early 00's" fad at the time. I still liked it a lot.

I also knew this girl who said they didn't like "She's Gonna Break Soon" for being too poppy sounding. A fair complaint, except this girl was also the type who worshiped Fall Out Boy (but only their "old stuff). So yeah.

Also a Gilmore Girl was in the music video.
You know, the one who was also in Sin City
.

No comments:

Post a Comment